- Zirndorf, Germany
Zirndorf, Germany: Headquarters
- Commissioned: 1990
- Property size: over 1.6 million ft²
- Enclosed space: over over 3.5 million ft3
- Number of employees
incl. FunPark: 697 (avg. for 2012)
- Divisions: Management, Administration,
Development, Marketing, Sales, Exports,
Customer Service, Mold Construction, Decoration
Pirate Ships, Princesses and Policemen have one thing in common. They were all developed at the PLAYMOBIL® headquarters in Zirndorf. Here, everything happens under one roof, in order to ensure maximum quality. In the Development department, a variety of new products ideas are born every year. The necessary molds for these new products are created at the Mold Construction division. While the Marketing department advertises the new products with catalogs, TV ads and websites, the Sales and Exports departments make sure that customers in more than 80 countries can find PLAYMOBIL at their local toy stores. And if a part goes missing during play, or a customer would like to order accessories, the PLAYMOBIL Customer Service team is happy to help.
- Dietenhofen, Germany: Main Production Site
Dietenhofen, Germany: Main Production Site
- Commissioned: 1969
- Property size: over 2.6 million ft²
- Enclosed production area: over 1.2 million ft²
- Number of employees: 1,319 (avg. for 2012)
In Dietenhofen (Bavaria), the majority of the products developed in Zirndorf are manufactured, stored and shipped to locations all around the world. The foundations for the main production site were laid in 1968. Since then, the facility and the central high-rack warehouse have continuously been expanded and adapted. In early 2012, a new injection mold shop and another fully-automated high-rack storage system came into operation. The PLAYMOBIL production site in Dietenhofen is one of the largest and most modern injection mold shops in Europe. Every day, up to 10 million individual parts are made by more than 420 injection molding machines. 250,000 parts are printed and an average of 65,000 PLAYMOBIL sets are packaged.
- Hal Far, Malta: Production of figures and PLAYMOBIL® 1.2.3
Hal Far, Malta: Production of figures and PLAYMOBIL® 1.2.3
- Commissioned: 1972 (PLAYMOBIL since 1976)
- Property size: over 600,000 ft²
- Enclosed production area: over 400,000 ft²
- Number of employees: 984 (avg. for 2012)
The range of PLAYMOBIL figures encompassed a huge variety, with characters from all kinds of professions, ages and cultures. Still, they all have the same origin: they come from Malta. The production site founded in 1971 manufactures all the PLAYMOBIL® figures, approximately 100 million a year. Due to the increasing world-wide demand in figures, production was moved to a new facility in 2003. The PLAYMOBIL® 1.2.3 line for toddlers aged 18 months and up is also manufactured here.
- Cheb (Eger), Czech Republic: Assembly Plant
Cheb (Eger), Czech Republic: Assembly Plant
- Commissioned: 2006
- Property size: over 300,000 ft² +
over 310,000 ft² (new / planned)
- Enclosed production area: over 100,000 ft²
- Number of employees: 322 (avg. for 2012)
In Cheb, anything that needs to be assembled is put together. From knights‘ arms and legs to the wide variety of furnishings for the fantasy castle, all of the small parts representing the fascination of PLAMOBIL are carefully assembled and pre-packaged. And since demand is increasing steadily, the initial space quickly became too small and assembly was moved into a new specially-established building in 2006.
- Onil, Spain: Large Series Production
Onil, Spain: Large Series Production
- Commissioned: 1983
- Property size: over 200,000 ft²
- Enclosed production area: over 100,000 ft²
- Number of employees: 70 (avg. for 2012)
Out of the various PLAYMOBIL production sites, the Spanish facility specializes in manufacturing sets in larger quantities. The plant produces high-quantity items for worldwide distribution – for example special offer items or advent calendars.
- Selb, Germany: System Moulding
Selb, Germany: System Moulding
- Commissioned: 2013
- Property size: appox. 200,000 ft²
- Footprint area: approx. 46,000 ft²
- Enclosed production space: over 1.5 million ft³
- Number of employees: 32
As a result of a company deal, geobra Brandstätter acquired a building complex, 32 employees and 50 injection molding machines from Appelt+Witt GmbH in Selb (Bavaria). The facility manufactures and assembles PLAYMOBIL products and offers a location with the advantage of being close to the production site in the Czech Republic.