- Environmental Policy
- enlarge image
We, the company geobra Brandstätter GmbH & Co. KG, manufacture PLAYMOBIL and are Germany’s largest toy manufacturer. Children from ages 1 ½ to approx. 12 years play with our products. Children are our future. For this reason we have a special obligation to responsibly manage the resources needed for our production processes and to consider our impact on the environment. Of course, this obligation includes our production of LECHUZA planters.
With successful certification under DIN EN ISO 14001:2009, we introduced a joint environmental management system for our PLAYMOBIL and LECHUZA brands. The principles of our environmental policy form the foundation for on-going environmental management processes and include the following objectives:
- To comply with applicable legal obligations and legal frameworks as a matter of course and exceed them where possible
- To continually improve the environmental impact of our production based on concrete objectives in order to protect our natural resources and to avoid pollution
- To train our employees and make them aware of how their work impacts on the environment
- To involve our suppliers and sub-contractors in our environmental management system so that they can also conserve the required resources and take advantage of potentials for conservation and reusability
- To publish the results achieved to date and future objectives for responsible management of the environment in a press release and on our homepage
The owner, managers and employees of our company commit to this environmental policy. We work together to implement this policy so that children may continue to grow up and play in a healthy and liveable environment.
Zirndorf, Germany - February 2012
geobra Brandstätter GmbH & Co. KG
CEO Development – Marketing – Sales